Friday, November 25, 2005

Multimedia Gulch

I'm living/working in the midwest part of Manhattan. Living the dream of "producing" "educational media" -- whatever that is. Actually, I love theater and independent film and have made my living the last 12 years doing software development-related work.

I've always wanted to to write educational software, but unfortunately there's not a lot of money there. (I.e. it's not in high demand). Currently trying to get into grad school at NYU to study it even more. Not sure how I will make a living doing it, but willing to take a leap of faith.

This is the first entry of my new weblog. I've always been pretty good at writing essays. Just haven't had anyone besides my high school English teachers and TAs read my stuff until now...

This 'blog is dedicated to multimedia -- the convergence of text, audio, video, animation, graphic design, etc. etc. etc. "Multimedia Gulch" was a term originally meant for an area in San Francisco South of Market Street where a lot of new media firms on the West Coast were born. After the dot-com crash of 2000 - 2001 the first new media gold rush ended.

And now, 5 years later, there's this company named "Google" that's out to change the world. I'm here in the Midwest side of New York City hoping to be part of the next "insanely great" thing...digital convergance deja vu!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home